- He brings you your favorite (and not locally available) cheese when he comes to visit. And he only got a glimpse of it once, for maybe 5 seconds, but he got the right one. And then he starts calling it Magic Cheese.
- He tells one of your girlfriends that you’re the funniest person he knows.
- He never complains about your dog being on the bed.
- He drops in on one of your friends at work so they can meet. Wait. That sounds creepy. But it totally wasn’t, at all. She was the perfect person to do that to, and they both wanted to meet the other.
- He makes your bed when you’re not looking, even though you never bother to make it yourself.
- He loves your dog. And perhaps even more important, your dog loves him, and goes belly-up at his feet for a tummy rub.
- He acknowledges that men are idiots. But doesn’t use it as an excuse for bad behavior.
- He is interested in spending time with your friends and family.
- His actions back up his words and vice versa.
- He rubs your feet without being asked. A lot.
- He thinks it’s funny when you crack jokes at inappropriate times…..like during sex.
- He is a thoughtful gift giver. I don’t mean this in a materialistic sense. I mean he pays attention to what is meaningful and of interest to you and finds things that are special, will be appreciated, etc. Like Muppets DVDs.
- He doesn’t hesitate to drop a well timed “Fuck you!” when you’ve been relentlessly flinging insults at his (poorly chosen) alma mater.
- He lets you know easily and often that you are awesome.
Comments on: "How you know you’ve found a good one" (4)
aw… you are pretty lucky to have found me… wait. we’ve never had sex.
Coopy, you know I love you. 🙂
[…] started seeing someone a few months back. Astute readers might have picked up on it after this. (He’s kind of awesome.) We’re gonna call him Klondike, ok? So Klondike & I went on […]